Are you looking for the very best MCT Oil? Medium-chain triglyceride has many health benefits including increasing hormones that decrease your appetite and increase the feeling of fullness.
Many studies are coming out to show the health benefits of this powerhouse product and we decided to take a look at the best MCT Oil’s available on the market.
Ten Top MCT Oil Available in 2019
1. Onnit MCT Oil
Onnit MCT Oil is paleo- and keto-approved. After all, it contains generous amounts of C8, C10, and lauric acid. What’s more, it is a vital source of ATP (Adenosine triphosphate) energy.
Not only that, but Onnit is sourced from sustainably grown coconuts farms. So it is safe and effective to take. Not to mention, it contains no palm oil or other additives which gives this product purity. This is what makes Onnit the best MCT Oil overall.
Onnit is tasteless and odorless, making it a great addition to smoothies, baked goods, and other already tasty treats. It can also be consumed by the mouthful to help foster a healthy and productive ketogenic diet.
- Contain C8, C10, and Lauric acid MCTs
- Supports ketogenic diet
- Free from fillers
- Sustainably harvested with no palm oil
- 100% pure premium MCT oil with lauric acid, harvested from coconuts. Onnit MCT Oil is sustainably...
- MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) are a beneficial fat that’s easily converted into fuel in the...
- Onnit MCT Oil is tasteless and odorless, making it great for smoothies, protein shakes, salad...
Best Organic Oil
2. Viva Naturals USDA Organic
It comes as no surprise that the Viva Naturals Organic MCT oil is one of the most popular oils for individuals on the keto diet. The Viva Naturals MCT contains top-grade USDA-approved organic oil is both odorless and tasteless. Each batch of coconuts used to produce Viva is hand-picked and reviewed by a third party for product purity before heading to production.
This makes Viva Naturals both safe and effective and it is out choices for the best mct oil in our organic category.
Viva is proven to support healthy weight loss and improve mental clarity. For those following a ketogenic diet, the oil can help them maintain healthy blood sugar levels and retain bountiful energy stores. Customers say that Viva is truly tasteless and does not leave a gunky oil feeling on the tongue.
- 100-percent organic
- Handpicked and scrutinized by a third party
- Increases mental clarity
- The bottle does not pour well
- YOUR MORNING COFFEE MUST-HAVE FOR SUSTAINED ENERGY - A favorite add-in for keto coffee drinkers, a...
- PROMOTES ENERGY & MENTAL FOCUS ON LOW-CARB DIETS* – Going low or no-carb can leave you feeling...
- MCT OIL SUPPORTS FAT-BURNING POTENTIAL* – Because your body handles them a little differently than...
3. Nature’s Way Pure Coconut Keto Oil
For the best value MCT Oil we have Natures Way. Each serving of Nature’s Way MCT oil features 14 grams of MCTs, including caprylic and capric acids. The oil is guaranteed vegetarian and comes in a BPA-bottle. What’s more, it is a single-origin product that promises to be free of palm oil and other fillers.
Customers report that the oil made a major difference and helped them achieve better ketosis. Many users also favored the oil’s reliable pin-hole pour top.
Just because Nature’s way is cheap, does not mean that it isn’t safe and effective. It is also reported to be organic and users have reported that they have had good results using it. The only problem is that it has a bit of an aftertase.
- 100-percent organic
- Pure source
- No additives or fillers
- No percentage breakdowns provided
- Unpleasant aftertase
- MEDIUM CHAIN TRIGLYCERIDES (MCTs) FROM COCONUT. 100% Potency. Non-GMO Project Verified. 14 grams per...
- Pure Source, No Palm or Filler Oils, Only from premium coconuts, Flavorless and Odorless,...
- 100% MCTs: 14 grams of MCTs (including caprylic and capric acids) per serving. See Supplement Facts...
Best Odourless Oil
4.Bulletproof Brain Octane MCT Oil
A top MCT oil you should check out is Bulletproof’s Brain Octane Oil. Bulletproof uses a triple distillation process to create their ultra-clean chemical- and solvent-free formula. The end result is a brain-strengthening oil that offers four times the amount of MCT available in traditional coconut oil.
Bulletproof is sustainably sourced from pure coconut oil. It is lab-tested to ensure that no batch contains solvents or C12. While it does not contain any lauric acid, it has the two most important medium-chain triglycerides.
Customers have expressed overwhelmingly positive feelings about the Bulletproof MCT. In fact, many people stated that it helped them to successfully follow a carb-free keto diet without running low on energy or brain power. With that said, some customers felt that the bottle was difficult to pour from.
- Well-suited as a coffe creamer alternative
- Sustainably sourced
- Triple-distilled and lab-tested
- No fillers
- Stimulates the brain and metabolism
- Well-suited for ketogenic diets
- Does not contain lauric acid (C12)
- NATURAL ENERGY SOLUTION: Brain Octane is naturally found in coconut oil in small quantities, and we...
- PURE AND CLEAN: Brain Octane undergoes our special triple distillation process with only water,...
- SUGAR-FREE ENERGY: As soon as you consume Brain Octane, it is rapidly absorbed and changed into...
Best MCT Oil Powder
5. Perfect Keto MCT Oil Powder
Perfect Keto’s vanilla-flavored powder is one of the top MCT oil alternatives on the market today. It’s a mess-free formula that has a smooth, creamy texture. As such, it’s well-suited for smoothies and coffees. The blend has absolutely no fillers or additives. In fact, the only ingredients are MCT fats from pure coconut oil.
Perfect Keto powder is manufactured in the United States. To guarantee its quality, each batch is tested in a lab to ensure it meets the company’s 70-percent C8 and 30-percent C10 ratio. It is also tested for heavy metals and other impurities.
- High percentage of C8 and C10
- No fillers
- No mess powder-based recipe
- Vanilla flavor well-suited for coffees and smoothies
- Manufactured in the U.S.
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Contains acai fiber and stevia leaf powder
- Stevia flavor is strong
- NO MESS: Pure MCT Oil in powder form is better than regular MCT oil as dissolves easily into drinks...
- FAT FILLED: Has zero carbs or sugar - just healthy, essential MCT fats from coconuts, which curb...
- SUSTAINED ENERGY: MCTs are a rapid energy source that begins burning as fuel immediately. It...
Best Of The Rest
6. Sports Research MCT Oil
Sports Research MCT Oil is yet another outstanding MCT coconut oil. It is made from 100-percent non-GMO coconuts and contains absolutely no fillers. It boasts a hearty spectrum of MCT molecules, including lauric acid. Not to mention, a third party has verified that it is keto-, paleo-, and vegan-friendly.
As an added bonus, the manufacturer gives customers a 90-day satisfaction guarantee. If you don’t like it, you can simply return it for a full refund. What’s more, the Sports Research oil is tasteless. As such, it can be used as a substitute for other oils.
Many customers have said that the oil has helped them lose weight and boost their mental clarity. Although, many warn that you should start with a small dosage and work your way up. This is because large dosages of oil can disrupt your normal digestion.
- Non-GMO verified
- Keto, paleo, and vegan-friendly
- 90-day money back guarantee
- Large doses may disrupt normal digestion
7. LifeSense’s Premium C8 MCT Oil
C8 Keto MCT oil is a concentrated formula that is produced without any solvents. One of the main features that sets this product apart from others is its BPA-free spill-proof packaging. We also love that this formula was developed by a leading lipid biochemist and nutritionist. As such, it comes as no surprise that it contains one of the highest potencies of C8.
We also love that the LifeSense C8 formula has virtually no artificial flavors, preservatives, colors, or additives. In fact, it goes through a thorough triple-distillation process that is similar to Bulletproof’s, which only uses water, heat, and pressure. Beyond that, LifeSense’s MCT is sustainably sourced in order to protect essential wildlife habitats around the world.
- High-potency C8 formula
- Goes through triple distillation
- No artificial additives or flavors
- Spill-free BPA-free bottle
- Sustainably harvested and contains no palm oil
- May cause stomach problems
- "TRUE" pure C8 MCT, produced without Solvents, using Sustainable Oil Sources, NO LAURIC ACID,...
- C-8 is more ketogenic than Coconut oil (mostly C12) and Mixed Fatty acid MCTs
- BENEFITS: Supports Weight Management, does Not Store in Body Fat, helps regulate Appetite, promotes...
8. Kiss My Keto MCT Oil Capsules
This next MCT oil product is well-suited for individuals who don’t enjoy drinking spoonfuls of oil every day. Kiss My Keto MCT comes in soft gel capsules you can consume like a conventional vitamin. The oil inside them is sourced from 100-percent pure coconuts. As such, it’s gentle on the stomach and easy to digest.
Customers say that the Kiss My Keto capsules are ideal for taking on the road or keeping in the office. Some people even opted to drop the MCT capsules into coffee to make their own Bulletproof blend. As a result, many people experienced rapid weight loss and increased brain power. Not to mention, others reported experiencing reduced headaches and better immunity.
- Softgel capsule form for travel or work
- Made from sustainably sourced, organic, -GMO coconuts
- Can be dropped into coffee
- Each container contains 100 three-capsule servings
- 55-percent C8 and 45-percent C10
- Mild aftertaste
- NATURALLY SOURCED MCT OIL CAPSULES. Produced using high-quality, unrefined coconut oil derived from...
- SUPPORTS ENERGY LEVELS, MENTAL CLARITY & KETOSIS. Kiss My Keto MCT oil capsules provide a...
- 100% FLAVORLESS, ODORLESS AND EASILY DIGESTIBLE. Each bottle contains 300 easy-swallow, SoftGel MCT...
9. Anjou Premium MCT Oil
Each bottle of Anjoui’s keto-friendly formula contains the oil of approximately 100 non-GMO coconuts. The product also contains zero additives, flavors, or preservatives. It is made in the United States, where it is packaged in a BPA-free light-blocking bottle. It contains approximately 50- to 65-percent C8, 30- to 45-percent C10, and nominal amounts of C12 and C6.
Users say the oil is great for making a homemade version of Bulletproof coffee. Not to mention, it helps stave off hunger and accelerate weight loss. While quite a few customers complained that the bottle was difficult to pour from, some pointed out that it could be easily transferred to an oil dispenser. Finally, many users remarked that it was inexpensive compared to similar products.
- Made from non-GMO coconuts
- No additives
- Featues full spectrum of MCT oil
- Bottle does not pour well
- Stay Health MCT Oil: Medium-chain triglycerides promote ketosis and turn fat into energy
- USA-Made Purity: 100% coconut oil sourced with NO palm oil; contains MCT full spectrum including...
- Certified Quality: Anjou's MCT oil is a non-GMO project verified and 3rd party certified to be keto,...
10. Divine Health Keto Zone MCT Oil Powder
Divine Health’s premium MCT oil blend was developed by the best-selling author, Dr. CDon Colbert. It boasts an all-natural sugar-free coconut flavor that can be added to water, baking products, or smoothies for easy consumption throughout the whole day. The product is free from carbs. It contains 75-percent C7 and 25-percent C8.
Users love the powder’s smooth creamy texture. In fact, many suggest using as a substitute creamer in coffee and tea. Many users said it helped boost their metabolism and burn fat at a faster rate. The majority of users also said it helped them stay full and energized. While some customers mentioned that they preferred Divine’s earlier formula, the general consensus for this product was positive.
- 75 percent C8
- 25 percent C10
- All-natural coconut flavor
- Created by a best-selling author and doctor
- Some customers prefer the previous blend
MCT Oils for Ketosis Buyer’s Guide for 2019
If you’re new to the ketogenic craze, you may be wondering what all the hype is about. Here are some of the answers to why people can’t stop obsessing over medium chain fatty acids.
What are Medium-Chain Fatty Acids?
Medium-chain fatty acids, or medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), are extremely nutritious saturated fats. They go from the gastrointestinal (GI) tract to the body’s portal system without being modified like other fats. After which, they are oxidized by the liver. This alternative process enables the body to rapidly turn the MCTs into energy.
What Does the Body Do with MTCs?
MTCs oils contain four potential medium-chain fatty acids. These typically include C8, C10, and C12. On a side note, many manufacturers will list the percentage of each of these MCFAs. Each of these MCFAs has a unique nutritious quality that is beneficial to the body.
Some of the key benefits of the MCFAs in MCTs is their ability to decrease malabsorption. They can also help to decrease weight loss, increase mental clarity, increase metabolism, and more.
This is because the body uses oxidized MCTs, or ketones, for energy. Since individuals on the keto diet only metabolize ketones for energy, MCTs are an imperative dietary supplement for them.
The benefits of burning ketones over carbs are enormous for individuals both on and off the ketogenic diet. In fact, many customers have reported having reduced brain fog, increased fat loss, and more sustained fullness. On top of that, people may experience reduced inflammation, improved hair and skin conditions, and/or more-balanced insulin levels.
What Makes a Good MCT Oil?
MCT oil is typically extracted from distilled coconut oil. While regular coconut oil contains a modest amount of MCT, MTC oil is typically a highly concentrated formula. Keep in mind that lower-grade MCT oils are sometimes sourced from palm oil. While palm oil is also rich in MCFAs, the harvesting of palm oil is known to cause major environmental destruction.
The best MCT oils are harvested from sustainably grown organic coconuts that have been distilled in a purifying way. In fact, most popular MCT oil brands only use water, steam, and heat to garner their energy-laden formulas.
As such, many brands tend to have large amounts of C8 along with a more modest volume of C10. On top of that, some high-end oils contain a novel amount of lauric acid, which also beneficial to the body.
Good MCT oils do not contain additives, preservatives, fillers, or other non-beneficial ingredients. However, many premium products are fortified with sugar-free flavors. Contrary to this, some oil formulas have no flavor at all. The addition of flavor is merely a customer preference. There are quality versions of both flavored and flavorless MCT oils on the market.
Most oils come in traditional liquid form and can be mixed in or drizzled on to a variety of food and drinks. However, some manufacturers also boast fine-ground powders and capsules that enable an alternative mode of consumption.
How is MCT Used?
Many people choose to consume a tablespoon or two of MCT oil each day. More often, people typically mix the MCT with their coffee, a smoothie, or other food. In fact, the potential food and drink combos for MCT are virtually limitless.
Individuals following the ketogenic diet will often use MCT oil to compliment a zero-carb diet and/or intermittent fasting. As such, it is usually part of their daily regime. This sort of regular consumption of MCT oils can result in amazing health improvements.
Ways to Use Your MCT Oil
Add it to Your Morning Cup of Joe
Bulletproof coffee is a popular consumer product that contains grass-fed butter, MCT oil, and coffee. It’s often reproduced by keto-heads looking for a little extra brain juice.
Add it to a Keto Smoothie
MCT is a great pre-workout or post-workout substance. Add it to an ice-cold protein-rich smoothie to get your blood flowing for before your next gym session.
Add it to Salad Dressing
MCT oil can be used as a substitute for traditional cooking oils. Pop some into your favorite salad dressing for a high-fat meal that will give you tons of sustained energy.
Drink it Straight
A tablespoon or two of pure MCT oil is often the perfect way to start your morning. Just be sure to find one that has a decent drip-free bottle for easy pouring. Otherwise, you may be forced to purchase an oil dispenser or risk losing precious quantities of this essential oil with each pour.
Potential Side-Effects of MCT Oil
It takes the digestion system some time to adjust to MCT oil. When the oil is consumed too quickly, it can cause diarrhea, nausea, stomach discomfort, and other issues.
Pairing MCT with food can help reduce the negative side effects. What’s more, users can minimize the shock to their body by starting at a low dose and working their way up.
Benefits of the Ketogenic Diet
While its evident that MCT oil offers loads of health benefits, it’s important to consider its specific role in the ketogenic diet. MCT oil is important to those looking to achieve ketosis because it is one of the most efficient sources of ketones or caprylic acid.
That is because ketones make it easier for the body to reap the benefits of burning fats, rather than carbohydrates, for energy. The ketogenic diet enables people to rapidly lose fat and weight. It can also help stave off hunger.
While the benefits of the ketogenic diet are numerous, it is incredibly hard for the body to stay in the ketogenic state. That’s because we are constantly surrounded by carb-rich foods. MCT can help curb your desire for carbs in order to prolong the benefits of the keto diet.
The ketogenic diet offers a wide range of health benefits to those who follow it closely. However, switching over to burning fats from carbs is easier said than done.
MCT oil is one of the richest and most delectable sources of the ketones the body needs to achieve this incredible state.
As such, keto diet followers are often flocking to find the latest and greatest MCT oil on the market. With 10 incredible suggestions and plenty of information, you now have all the tools you need to find the perfect coconut MCT oil around.
Last update on 2020-01-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API